Working in Entomology
Working in Entomology. Amateur Entomologists’ Society (2014). Paperback.
Working in Entomology is a careers guide with a difference. Written by AES Member Rachel McLeod, it is a collection of interviews with prominent entomologists working in different areas, right across the subject, from insect breeding to genetic research. This is a must-have book for careers teachers, and for anyone who is considering a career in entomology.
The book includes a foreword by Sir David Attenborough and introduction by Professor Simon Leather (the only Professor of Entomology left in the UK!).
- Ask yourself why, a poem by Rachel
- Editorial foreword & AES / Bug Club information
- Author’s preface
- Foreword: Sir David Attenborough
- Introduction: Professor Simon Leather
- The interviews:
- Dr George McGavin – Author & TV presenter
- Prof. Mike Majerus – Cambridge professor
- Dr Oliver St John – Genetic engineer
- Dr Martin Hall – Forensic entomologist at the NHM
- Dr Seirian Summer – Researcher at ZSL
- Prof. Chris Haines – Stored grain pest expert
- Virginia Cheeseman – Entomological supplier
- Rachel – a budding entomologist interviews herself
- Author’s summary and conclusions