Animal Kingdom Set – Embedded Specimen Mounts
Animal Kingdom set: eighteen resin mounts with a total of 49 specimens. Fully labelled from Porifera to Vertebrata, covering 12 phyla.
The set is comprised of
- Crayfish development- 6 stages of development
- A mantis prawn
- A hermit crab
- Male and female fiddler crab comparison
- Tick life cycle- 6 stages including a piece of cow skin with ticks in situ
- Arachnid types i.e. spider, scorpion and tick.
- Arthropod Types i.e. crab, centipede, grasshopper, millipede & spider.
- Insect orders #2 containing 8 orders, i.e. examples of Blattodea, mantodea, dermaptera, plecoptera, megaloptera, mecoptera, neuroptera & trichoptera.
- Insect larvae containing 10 specimens
- Cockroach life cycle
- Termite castes
- Antlion life cycle (neuroptera life cycle)
- Hemiptera life cycle
- Honeybee life cycle
- A Toad
- A median longitudinal section of head of lamprey
- A fish
- A Cnidaria example-a jellyfish
These specimens are permanently embedded in a protective glass-clear plastic. The durable polished blocks make excellent permanent museum mounts, permitting viewing of the specimen from all sides. These blocks lend themselves particularly well to classroom handling and because of their fine optical clarity, they may even be studied under the low powers of the microscope. The mounts may be restored to their original lustre with a metal polish (e.g. ‘Brasso’). Keep specimens out of direct sunlight.
Specimens and their size within the embedded blocks are subject to change without notice. Use images as a guide only.
Cat No.: E401A