Emergence Traps – Soil Emergence Trap II – Fine Mesh White (108×32 mesh, 60x60x60cm)
New modular design, each trap component can be purchased and replaced individually in case of loss or damage. To replace the collection head or fabric trap body, please refer to the manual “Trap Collection Head” included in the package for detailed instructions.
The flaps around the base can be covered with soil (60 X 60 cm) to keep the insects inside. Loops at four corners are for the tent pegs (NOT included) needed in wind. A large dome-shaped zipper is in one panel for easy access to inside.
A large dome-shaped zipper is in one panel for easy access to inside.
Contents per trap
- 1 x Soil Emergence Trap
- 4 x Plastic Feet
- 4 x Splints (2-way)
- 6 x Support Poles
- 1 x Bottle Connecting Ring
- 1 x Collecting Bottle (500ml)
- Tent pegs and carrying bag are not included
- Dimensions: L60 x W60 x H60 cm
- Weight: 530 grams
- Colour: White
- Head Entrance – White Polyester (108 x 32 mesh/square inch)
- Panels – White Polyester (108 x 32 mesh/square inch)
- Plastic Feet & Splints – Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
- Support Poles – Fibreglass
- Collecting Bottle – Polyethylene
Reference studies using this series of products:
- Hanson et al. (2015). Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment, 205, 9-14.
- Hanson et al. (2017). Basic and Applied Ecology, 18, 40-49.
- Palmu et al. (2017). Applied Soil Ecology, 119, 99-103.
- Buckles et al. (2019). Journal of Applied Ecology, 56(11), 2443-2453.
- Cope et al. (2019). Canadian Entomologist, 151(2), 260-271.
- Levesque-Beaudin et al. (2020). The Canadian Entomologist, 152(3), 342-354.
- Hooper & Grieshop (2020). Environmental Entomology, 49(1), 59-65.
- Hederström et al. (2021). Journal of Pest Science, 1-14.
- Saguez et al. (2021). Journal of Economic Entomology, 114(1), 174-179.
- Brandon et al. (2021). Environmental Entomology, 50(4), 878-887.