Dumont Forceps – Swiss Jewellers Forceps/Tweezers
Dumont forceps are extremely fine quality dissecting forceps suitable for the most delicate work. They are manufactured from a range of alloys depending on your requirements.
We also carry a Dumont Expoxy covered forcep which can be found at Dumont Epoxy Covered Forceps.
We also carry an economy range of Swiss style forceps which are also good value.
Information about Steels/Alloys used.
- Inox 02 is composed of C, Mn, Cr and Si and is a standard magnetic stainless steel. This alloy is not as hard as carbon steels because it contains Chromium. Inox (02) will resist temperatures of around 400 degrees C (DIN 50 914) but cannot be sterilized.
- Inox 08 is a medical stainless steel composed of C, Mn, Cr, Mo and V that provides an excellent resistant to corrosion and a good resistance to corrosion and a good resistance to salt. Although not as hard as Carbon steels, Inox (08) offers excellent resistance to corrosion. This magnetic alloy supports temperatures of around 400 degrees C (DIN 50 914) and is suitable for autoclave sterilization at 180 degrees C.
- Carbon Steel (01) is an extremely hard alloy (> 59 HRC) composed of C, Mn and Si. While Carbon ensures strong tips, it will nevertheless easily rust. This alloy is magnetic and cannot be sterilized.
- Dumoxel (03) alloy is composed of C, Cr, Ni, Mo and Cu. This alloy was developed and patented by Dumont to offer the best in resistance to corrosion thanks to its high concentration of molybdenum and chromium. Dumoxel also guarantees an excellent resistance to sulphuric environments, hydrochloric acid, as well as to all other mineral and organic acids. Dumoxel is 95% antimagnetic, resistant up to temperatures of around 400 degrees C (DIN 50 914) and is suitable for autoclave sterilization at 270 degrees C.
- Dumostar (09) – The best alloy from Dumont – This Dumont patented alloy is composed of C, Cr. Mo, Mn, Co, Ni and Si. Dumostar is more elastic and more resistant to corrosion than the best stainless steels. It is also perfectly compatible with human tissues and is resistant to mineral and organic acids as well as to salt. Although slightly more expensive than other alloys, Dumostar is 100% antimagnetic and is resistant to sterilization of up to 500 degrees C. This is the most cost effective and appropriate alloy for laboratory use.
- Tweezers are also available in the following Steels/Alloys: Antimagnetic (04); Titanium (07); Nickel (05); Black Ceramic Tips; White Ceramic Tips and Brass (06). All enquiries are welcome.
Dumont forceps/tweezers and the Steel/Alloy that we normally have available ex stock are listed below. Prices for similar forceps (dozen lots) in different Steel/Alloys are available on request.
|Finish||(Thick) mm||(w) mm||(l) mm||Notes|
|E120 3||Inox 02||Polished||0.10||0.17||120||Straight – Thin tips|
|E120 4||Inox 02||Polished||0.08||0.13||110||Straight – very thin tips but stronger than type 5|
|E120 5||Inox 08||Polished||0.06||0.10||110||Straight – Super thin tips|
|E120-5APO (rarely manufactured by Dumont)||Inox 08||Polished||0.02||0.06||115||Biology – Oblique tips|
|E120-5PO||Inox 08||Polished||0.01||0.05||110||Biology – Super thin tips|
|E120-5DUM||Dumostar||Polished||0.06||0.10||110||Super Thin tips|
|E120-5PODUM||Dumostar||Polished||0.01||0.05||110||Biology, Super Thin tips|
|E120Cross||Inox 02||Polished||0.10||0.05||108||Biology, Super Thin tips, Straight size 5, Anti-Capillary Reverse (self closing – cross action)|
|E121 7||Inox 02||Polished||0.10||0.17||115||Curved – Thin tips|
|E912||Inox 02||Epoxy coated||0.12||0.20||140||Long & narrow shanks – Thin tips|
We are pleased to share with all of our valued customers a note from Dumont SA, our supplier of these fine quality forceps.
“From its origin on, Dumont SA has a passion for precision. 5 generations have worked to take these unique and reputable tools to the leading position in the industry worldwide.
“For 125 years, quality and innovation are the drive of this family business which has proved to be able to adapt easily to an ever-changing marketplace. Dumont SA sets itself to only select the worlds highest quality raw materials for its tools. We then work it with the utmost specific machinery and tooling specially designed by the family to guarantee the highest precision.
“We have on staff highly skilled workers specialized in hand-finishing the tips. These people have been trained in house by our own supervisors, who themselves have learnt from our past specialists. Training for such specialty takes up to three years and it is getting harder and harder to find people with all of the necessary talents namely precision and accuracy, attention to detail and perfect eyesight. This hand-finishing step is the most expensive of all operations in manufacturing our tools but it is also what makes the difference in the final result.
“Two other goals have recently been added to our basic drive lines: a real concern for the employees and the environment. Our factory, in the healthy and quiet village of Montignez, provides the most favourable working environment for our employees. The use of wind-generated power and extensive recycling (officially recognized and rewarded in 2002) prove that Dumont SA knows how to combine efficiency and ecology.
“At a time when all companies seem to need to relocate, Dumont is and will remain based in Switzerland to provide our loyal customers with true 100% Swiss Made products. Our family will stay strong and keep on the good work to be the best.
“We thank you for your trust and your support.”
$49.50 – $1,090.80