Spider and Insect Trap – (Katcha Bug or Releasea Bug)
The Katcha Bug is now available in two sizes. The standard Katcha Bug (E10KB) base size is 90mm x 80mm, whereas the Big Bug Katcha (E10KBL) is 140mm x 120mm.
Both traps are gravity operated, which enables the trapping and/or release of specimens safely at arm’s length without touching them.
The shutter is placed over the specimen. The handle is rotated 90 degrees causing the shutter to slide down enclosing the insect in the trap.
The specimen can then be carried around in the trap with the shutter in the closed position.
The handle is simply rotated 90 degrees, causing the shutter to drop releasing the specimen. It uses no chemicals or poisons and thereby is safe and hygienic.
The traps can also be used without the handle.
They are both very useful tools that are also used by quarantine/airline operators in the control of trapping/releasing insects.
E10KB Standard Katcha Bug
- Length of handle 360mm.
- Base of trap 90mm x 80mm.
- Catchment area of trap 77mm x 77mm
- Good for catching spiders, wasps, scorpions, cockroaches, flies, stink bugs etc.
E10KBL Big Bug Katcha
- 3 piece Handle
- Overall length when assembled: 540mm.
- Disassembled 155mm
- Base of trap 140mm x 120mm.
- Catchment area of trap 116mm x 116mm
- Also good for catching/moving larger specimens such as lizards, geckos, mice, frogs etc without touching them.
$19.90 – $31.60