Dumont Jewellers Forcep/Tweezer Kits
Dumont Inox Swiss Jewellers Forceps/Tweezers Kits
Dumont tweezers are extremely fine quality dissecting forceps suitable for the most delicate work.
- Each individual kit is priced 10% less than the individual forceps.
- Pack of 6 kits is priced 20% less than the individual forceps
- 1 x E120 Size 3
- 1 x E120 Size 4
- 1 x E120 Size 5
- 1 x E121 Size 7
- 1 x E912 Epoxy Covered Forcep
A kit containing 6x of each forcep variety is also available. For example, E120KIT1-06 includes:
- 6 x E120 Size 3
- 6 x E120 Size 4
- 6 x E120 Size 5
- 6 x E121 Size 7
- 6 x E912 Epoxy Covered Forcep
which may be suitable for a laboratory or classroom fitout.
The prices for the individual Dumont forceps can be found at Dumont Forceps – Swiss Jewellers Forceps/Tweezers.
Information about Steels/Alloys used:
- Inox 02 is composed of C, Mn, Cr and Si and is a standard magnetic stainless steel. This alloy is not as hard as carbon steels because it contains Chromium. Inox (02) will resist temperatures of around 400 degrees C (DIN 50 914) but cannot be sterilized
- Inox 08 is a medical stainless steel composed of C, Mn, Cr, Mo and V that provides an excellent resistant to corrosion and a good resistance to corrosion and a good resistance to salt. Although not as hard as Carbon steels, Inox (08) offers excellent resistance to corrosion. This magnetic alloy supports temperatures of around 400 degrees C (DIN 50 914) and is suitable for autoclave sterilization at 180 degrees C.
- Carbon Steel (01) is an extremely hard alloy (> 59 HRC) composed of C, Mn and Si. While Carbon ensures strong tips, it will nevertheless easily rust. This alloy is magnetic and cannot be sterilized.
- Dumoxel (03) alloy is composed of C, Cr, Ni, Mo and Cu. This alloy was developed and patented by Dumont to offer the best in resistance to corrosion thanks to its high concentration of molybdenum and chromium. Dumoxel also guarantees an excellent resistance to sulphuric environments, hydrochloric acid, as well as to all other mineral and organic acids. Dumoxel is 95% antimagnetic, resistant up to temperatures of around 400 degrees C (DIN 50 914) and is suitable for autoclave sterilization at 270 degrees C.
- Dumostar (09) – The best alloy from Dumont – This Dumont patented alloy is composed of C, Cr. Mo, Mn, Co, Ni and Si. Dumostar is more elastic and more resistant to corrosion than the best stainless steels. It is also perfectly compatible with human tissues and is resistant to mineral and organic acids as well as to salt. Although slightly more expensive than other alloys, Dumostar is 100% antimagnetic and is resistant to sterilization of up to 500 degrees C. This is the most cost effective and appropriate alloy for laboratory use.
- Tweezers are also available in the following Steels/Alloys: Antimagnetic (04); Titanium (07); Nickel (05); Black Ceramic Tips; White Ceramic Tips and Brass (06). All enquiries are welcome.
Dumont forceps/tweezers and the Steel/Alloy that we normally have available ex stock are listed below. Prices for similar forceps (dozen lots) in different Steel/Alloys are available on request
|Catalogue No.||Steel/Alloy||Finish||Thickness mm||Width mm||Length mm|
|E120 3||Inox 02||Polished||0.10||0.17||120||Straight – Thin tips|
|E120 4||Inox 02||Polished||0.08||0.13||110||Straight – very thin tips but stronger than type 5|
|E120 5||Inox 08||Polished||0.06||0.10||110||Straight – Super thin tips|
|E120-5APO||Inox 08||Polished||0.02||0.06||115||Biology – Oblique tips|
|E120-5PO||Inox 08||Polished||0.01||0.05||110||Biology – Super thin tips|
|E121 7||Inox 02||Polished||0.10||0.17||115||Curved – Thin tips|
|E120-5DUM||Dumostar||Polished||0.06||0.10||110||Super Thin tips|
|E120-5PODUM||Dumostar||Polished||0.01||0.05||110||Biology, Super Thin tips|
|E912||Inox 02||Epoxy coated||0.12||0.20||140||Long & narrow shanks – Thin tips|
|E120C Cutter||Carbon||Polished||8.50||10.50||115||To cut wires, hairsprings, etc.|
$226.10 – $1,276.80